Join a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers to work on leading-edge mapping technology for Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) systems. HERE is an established company with decades of experience in delivering maps for the automotive industry and other commercial partners. We are owned by a consortium of German automakers (Audi, BMW, and Daimler), with a focus on creating and maintaining the world's most precise and detailed digital maps for enabling self-driving cars.
HERE is seeking a Lead Research Engineer to join our Highly Automated Driving (HAD) group. A successful candidate will apply his / her knowledge and expertise to bring about practical solutions to challenges related to our mission. That involves staying up-to-date on the latest publications and research results in the field, knowing when to apply existing technology versus inventing new approaches, being able to quantify the value of a particular approach, and to develop robust and scalable software implementations. We are looking for people who remain learners throughout their career, and whose inquisitiveness and love of technology will propel our products forward. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team of computer vision and machine learning experts on highly visible, technology-driven problems with a direct connection to the success of the company.
- Develop machine learning algorithms for real-time in-vehicle feature detection.
- Build deep learning systems applicable to computer vision domains, such as object detection in image / video, scene classification etc.
- Research and develop novel deep architectures and algorithms.
- Participate in both algorithm and software development as a part of an Agile team.
- Write clean and re-usable code in programming languages such as C++ / Python.
- Participate in project reviews and demos.
- Innovate, publish and patent.
- MS / PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field. BS candidates with very strong experience will be considered.
- 4+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- Expertise in machine learning and numerical optimization.
- Experience in deep learning and convolutional neural networks (CNNs).
- Familiarity with one or more deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, etc.
- Excellent C++ / Python programming and software design skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in image / video processing and computer vision (preferred).
- Experience with cloud computing architecture (preferred).
Perks / Benefits:
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment.
- Rare opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology that will directly impact the world.
- Competitive salary package, bonus, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan.
- Full medical / dental / vision package to fit your needs.
- Office in downtown Berkeley next to BART station.