|Title: Research Internship - Benchmark SLAM Dataset (Job Number: P15INT-07)||Posted: October 13, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Honda Research Institute|
|Location: Mountain View, CA|
Description: This project focuses on the problem of creating a comprehensive benchmark dataset and evaluation metrics in support of scientific evaluation and objective comparison of SLAM, and localization approaches for automated driving and robotics applications. The dataset will include recordings on new, challenging, and real-world scenarios using synchronized data streams from an array of sensors that includes: cameras, LiDAR, GPS, and IMU. It is our intention to make this dataset available to the scientific community to push the state-of-the-art forward.
• Experience with visual SLAM, LiDAR SLAM, and multi-sensor fusion and calibration.
• Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS) and Point Clout Library (PCL).
• Excellent programming skills in C++ and/or Python.
Application Instructions: Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
• Subject line including the job number you are applying for
• Recent CV
• A cover letter indicating your desired internship period and briefly explaining how you fit to the position