|Title: Senior Algorithm Scientist||Posted: August 28, 2013|
|Company/Institution: Omron STI|
|Location: Fremont, CA|
|Department: Product Development|
Description: Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. (OSTI) is a global leader in safety automation. Our products are designed to eliminate hazards faced by people in dangerous environments. We have an experienced product development team, a track record of developing successful products, and a passion for innovation.
Presently we are looking to hire a Senior Algorithm Scientist. This person will work mainly in the design and verification of key object and feature detection algorithms, running on embedded camera platforms.
Ideal candidates will have a Ph.D in an appropriate technical discipline, and the following:
1) Demonstrated, up to date expertise in 2D and 3D vision technologies.
2) Strong analytical capability, backed with skills and experience in modeling, simulation and statistical analysis.
3) Very good understanding of how system design and environmental influences can affect signal integrity, and ultimately, detection capability.
4) Cross-functional product development experience, preferably in embedded optical products.
5) Strong, patient communication skills.
6) Eagerness to face and take ownership of challenges.
7) Knows how to look at problems from the customer's point of view.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates please email your resumes
directly to firstname.lastname@example.org