Microsoft Applied Sciences Group (ASG) is offering internship opportunity in the area of computer vision (not limited to summer). We are seeking talented graduate students to participate in solving several exciting vision problems. Research areas include but not limited to 3D reconstruction, object segmentation and matting from video, image-based modeling and rendering, and scene understanding from RGBD data.
As a computer vision research intern at ASG, you will have the opportunity to develop/improve novel human-computer interfaces using vision technologies, with the added potential of contributing to Microsoft product line, and consequently making impact to millions of computer users worldwide.
1. PhD students in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
2. Research and development experience in computer vision or machine learning.
3. Proficient in C/C++ programming and experience/knowledge in GPU programming.
4. Hands-on experience in building any vision systems is strongly preferred.
5. A research record with publications at quality venues (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, TPAMI, IJCV, and TIP) is a plus.
The Microsoft Applied Sciences Group is an applied research and development team dedicated to creating the next generation of computer interaction technologies. The interdisciplinary group focuses on the synergy between optics, electronics and software to create novel human computer interfaces. The ASG mainly supports projects for next generation computing and interface hardware for Mobile, Xbox, and Microsoft Surface. It also works closely with Microsoft Research. For more information please
see our website.