|Title: Computer Vision Intern||Posted: October 4, 2013|
|Company/Institution: UtopiaCompression Corporation|
|Location: United States|
|Department: 11150 W. Olympic Blvd. #820|
Description: UtopiaCompression Corporation (UC) is looking for an intern to work closely with Computer Vision scientists to develop state of the art object detection and tracking algorithms for challenging scenarios. The selected candidate will be a talented and innovative researcher with a proven record of designing and implementing vision algorithms. The intern will:
* Interact with UC scientists to understand the specific requirements of detection and tracking scenarios.
* Perform a comprehensive survey of existing work.
* Develop new algorithms and prototype and test them on existing datasets.
* Improve the prototype based on a performance review until they satisfy project requirements.
* Document all aspects of the project in a report and/or paper.
* Computer Science or Electrical Engineering MS/PhD 2nd year or higher.
* Strong knowledge of C, C++ and Matlab.
* Experience with image processing and computer vision algorithms and familiarity with the state of the art in object detection and tracking.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Willing to work full time for 4-6 months in Los Angeles, California.
* Working knowledge of vision libraries such as OpenCV.
* Experience working in a team on large software projects.
* Familiarity with version control systems (git/subversion) and build tools (CMake/make)
* Good knowledge of algorithm optimization and acceleration.
UtopiaCompression Corporation is a high-tech company providing innovative and
mission relevant solutions to US Government Agencies and commercial markets. UC
technologies and products focus on pushing the state-of-the-art in the areas of computer vision, autonomous systems, unmanned aircraft Sense and Avoid, wireless communications, airborne networking, medical decision support systems and diagnostics. UC's core strength is its large staff of PhD scientists that continuously advance the state of the art.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please put the title of the internship on the subject line of the email.