|Title: Senior Software Engineer - Visual Search||Posted: October 23, 2013|
|Company/Institution: A9.com, an Amazon company|
|Location: Palo Alto, CA|
|Department: Visual Search|
A9.com, the search technology subsidiary of Amazon.com, is looking for a highly motivated senior engineer interested in enhancing A9's technology and products in Visual Search. Our Visual Search team is focused on creatively working with advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that will dramatically improve our customer's search experience. Your job duties will include everything from investigating important and unsolved problems in visual search to implementing, testing, and deploying full solutions in a production environment. We are seeking innovators who are committed to creating world-class products.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in computer vision or image processing.
- At least 3 years of experience in C++ or Java
- Machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining is a plus.
- Specific skills in object detection, recognition, and/or tracking is a plus.
- Familiarity with vision systems on resource-constrained embedded or mobile devices is a plus
- Familiarity with scripting and web development languages such as Python, Groovy, and Grails is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Track record of successful projects in algorithm design and product development
Application Instructions: Click here to apply