|Title: Senior Computer Vision / ML Scientist||Posted: November 5, 2013|
|Company/Institution: Gauss Surgical, Inc.|
|Location: Palo Alto, CA|
Gauss Surgical is a venture-backed mobile medical app company that spun out of Stanford and UCSF in 2011. We are developing a novel platform for real-time monitoring of blood loss during surgery using mobile vision. As a senior member of our algorithm team, you will be involved with leading the research, design, and development of the core algorithms that power our diagnostic engine.
Lead efforts to research, develop, maintain, and build highly scalable CV/ML technologies that can enhance diagnostic monitoring during surgery.
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Concentration(s) in: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Image Processing, and/or Computer Graphics
- Excellent skills developing in C/C++, Python, and MATLAB (optional) and working with Linux environment
- Experience with OpenCV, Numpy, SciPy, Sklearn etc.
- 3+ years of industry and/or research experience
- Strong technical communication skills
- Experience working with and managing cross-functional teams
- Expertise in image classification, segmentation, and feature extraction
- Strong understanding of linear algebra, optimization, probability and statistics
- Software architecture and/or API design, integration skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3 and EC2)
- Parallel programming (CPU / GPU)
- Experience with Mobile Vision applications
- Strong publications in top machine learning or computer vision conferences & journals (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, IJCV, ECCV, ICCV, PAMI)
Application Instructions: Please email us with your resume/CV at email@example.com