The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) at the University of Luxembourg is currently looking for a Research Associate in Computer Vision (M/F).
The successful candidate will join the SIGCOM group led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and participate in the national project FAVE (“Fusion Approaches for Visual systems Enhancement”) managed by Dr. Djamila Aouada and in collaboration with the industrial partner IEE S.A.
Your role will be to participate and take the lead in:
- Shaping and contributing to research directions in 3D computer vision including:
Disseminating results through scientific publications
Collaborating with other team members and participating in team activities
Providing support in setting up and running experiments in the SnT Computer Vision laboratory
- 3D data processing
- Analysis of 3D objects and 3D scenes
- Multi-view multi-sensor fusion using passive and active sensors (e.g. RGB-D and ToF cameras)
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field
- Competitive research record in computer vision and/or image/signal processing
- Strong mathematical background
- Strong programming skills in Matlab and C++
- Documented research experience in 3D computer vision
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
The University offers a one year appointment (extension up to 5 years in total is possible). The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created research centre.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- A research statement (1-2 pages)
- Contact information for 3 referees
Deadline for applications:15 December, 2013
For inquiries please contact: Dr. Djamila Aouada at email@example.com.
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire outstanding researchers at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT).
SnT is a recently formed centre carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the EU 7th framework programme and the European Space Agency. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu .