The Bosch Research and Technology Center in North America is part of Bosch's global Corporate Research organization. As part of Bosch's drive to internationalize research, we connect Corporate Research with leading edge technology and the innovative environment in North America.
The Visual Computing team is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, scientific visualization, mixed-reality, and HCI. We focus on solutions to hard challenges in using visuals and other modes of communication for natural user interaction. We actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas, publish world-leading research findings in conferences / journals and contribute to Bosch’s patent portfolios. We also work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. To augment the Visual Computing team in our Palo Alto office we are seeking enthusiastic and creative experts with a strong desire to drive technology development in this domain towards viable solutions to growing market needs.
- Conduct advanced research and engineering on visual computing technologies and systems, including real-time computer vision and image processing, augmented/mixed reality, image/video-based 3D reconstruction, new display systems, and vision graphics, particularly those that are related to Bosch business.
- Together with an international team of experts, drive the design and implementation of new and innovative features that improve the user experience of next generation Bosch products.
- Actively promote ideas from visual computing research to product development to enable future Bosch business.
- Ph.D. (or M.Sc. with > 3 years of relevant R&D experience) in computer vision, vision graphics, augmented/mixed reality, and related fields.
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of visual computing technologies in at least two of the following fields: object/feature detection/tracking/recognition, three-dimensional scene reconstruction, image/video-based rendering and modeling, and real-time computer vision systems.
- 3+ years of developing and prototyping experience in large, high-quality software systems.
- Passion for quality products, software development principles and best practices.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated success in any leadership role of product development (e.g., high quality products) a plus.
- Excellent publication record in leading visual computing venues (e.g., ICCV, CVPR, ECCV, PAMI, IJCV, SIGGRAPH/ACM TOG) preferred.
- Experience in mobile and web-based platform development a plus.