|Title: Computer Vision Research Engineer||Posted: December 15, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Description: As a computer vision research engineer on our team, you will design, implement, analyze, and optimize novel algorithms for our next generation systems. This position requires strong theoretical foundations, excellent software development skills, and sound scientific method. Candidates should have broad proficiency in the foundations of optical image processing/computer vision including feature detection/tracking, 3D geometry, image processing, object recognition and control theory. Machine learning concepts and Deep Learning experience is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develops, implements, analyzes & optimizes:
o Real-time object detection and tracking algorithms
o Robot guidance algorithms
o Auto 3D alignment algorithms
o Image improvement algorithms
• Maintains computer vision, machine learning and control algorithms.
• Translates business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules
• Tests and documents all software implemented according to development processes
• Participates in team sessions with other team members to analyze, develop requirements, and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems
• Other duties as assigned
Application Instructions: Qualifications
• MSc or PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics or other related field
• 5 years of combined experience in image processing, computer vision and machine learning
• Extensive experience with mathematical and analytic techniques, including linear algebra, geometry, statistics, and multivariate analysis and their applications to real-time object tracking and object classification
• Five or more years of experience developing in C and C++ development on windows and Linux OS.
• Two or more years of experience using Matlab
• Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to integrate and work within in a small, dynamic, and highly motivated development team
Nice to have
• Experience with GPU programming (OpenGL / Cuda) and Linux
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This position requires a criminal history background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment. A drug screen will also be administered.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org