|Title: Visual 3D Object Detection and Pose Estimation||Posted: February 1, 2017|
|Company/Institution: Honda Research Institute USA|
|Location: Mountain View, CA|
Description: Honda Research Institute, USA (HRI-US) is offering research internships to highly motivated Ph.D. (and qualified M.S.) students. Interns will work closely with HRI researchers, and publishing results in academic forums is highly encouraged. We are looking for candidates with good publication track records and excellent programming skills to join our team!
This position focuses on 3D object detection and orientation estimation from a single monocular image for automated driving and robotics applications. Specifically, the work content includes designing and implementation of algorithms to generate 3D bounding boxes for objects and their orientation from a given image. The candidate is responsible for development of an experiment protocol to benchmark the proposed algorithms. A strong background in computer vision, 3D object detection/tracking and/or machine learning is preferred.
- Strong publication record in the areas of computer vision and machine learning
- Experience designing deep convolutional neural networks using Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, etc.
- Excellent programming skills in C++ or Python
Application Instructions: Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line including "P16INT-10"
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.