|Title: Research Engineer||Posted: January 8, 2014|
|Company/Institution: eBay, Inc.|
|Location: San Jose, CA|
|Department: eBay Research labs|
Description: With hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, hundreds of millions of live listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions and billions of daily queries on eBay, the research lab provides an amazing playground for researchers to work with data and conduct experiments at scale. We actively pursue ideas that result in scalable algorithms and systems, while leveraging the scale of data and world class compute infrastructure that eBay offers.
eBay Research Lab (eRL) is seeking for highly qualified research engineers for software development, who will work closely with research scientists in the lab. The role of these engineers would be to optimize the system to handle large scale data.
Some Areas We Work On:
Computer vision, Economics, HCI, Machine learning, NLP, Statistics.
- MS or PhD program in Computer Science or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in industry is preferred
- Expert in optimizing C/C++ for memory and speed is a must. Must have passion to do this.
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong background in algorithms
- Ability to read technical papers and convert to optimized implementation
- Experience with fast prototyping
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Send us your resume through http://labs.ebay.com/careers/