|Title: Computer Vision Engineer (Autonomous Driving)||Posted: April 6, 2017|
|Location: Berkeley, CA|
|Department: HAD Systems|
Join a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers to work on leading-edge mapping technology for Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) systems. HERE is an established company with decades of experience in delivering maps for the automotive industry and other commercial partners. We are owned by a consortium of German automakers (Audi, BMW, and Daimler), with a focus on creating and maintaining the world's most precise and detailed digital maps for enabling self-driving cars.
HERE is seeking a Computer Vision Engineer to join our Highly Automated Driving (HAD) group. A successful candidate will apply his/her knowledge and expertise to bring about practical solutions to challenges related to our mission. That involves staying up-to-date on the latest publications and research results in the field, knowing when to apply existing technology versus inventing new approaches, being able to quantify the value of a particular approach, and to develop robust and scalable software implementations. We are looking for people who remain learners throughout their career, and whose inquisitiveness and love of technology will propel our products forward. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team of computer vision and machine learning experts on highly visible, technology-driven problems with a direct connection to the success of the company.
• Develop/maintain software modules for large-scale image and LiDAR data processing in the cloud.
• Develop computer vision/image processing algorithms for camera calibration, panorama stitching, depth map generation etc.
• Write clean and re-usable code in programming languages such as C++/Python.
• Write modular software with proper documentation and unit tests.
• Software debugging and optimization, prototyping, benchmarking.
• Participate in both algorithm and software development as a part of an Agile team.
• Participate in project reviews and demos.
• Bachelors/M.S in computer science, or a related field.
• 2+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
• Solid computer vision and image processing fundamentals.
• Excellent C++/Python programming and software design skills.
• Passion for creating high-quality code.
• Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Experience with hardware such as LiDAR, GPS, IMU (preferred)
• Experience with Git (preferred)
• Experience with AWS (preferred)
• Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment.
• Rare opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology that will directly impact the world.
• Competitive salary package, bonus, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan.
• Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
• Office in downtown Berkeley next to BART station.
Application Instructions: Please email Kari Bertsch at firstname.lastname@example.org