Disney Research has a number of Fall, Spring and Summer internship positions available in our Computer Vision group in Pittsburgh. Candidates should be currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, or related discipline, have at least one publication in a top-tier vision or machine learning conference, and have excellent written and oral communication skills. We have opportunities for internships in a variety of fields in computer vision, including:
- Semantic image and video understanding
- Language and vision (e.g., visual question answering, captioning)
- Activity and action recognition
- Deep learning architectures
- Object detection and tracking
- Face modeling, tracking and analysis
- Weakly supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning
As part of The Walt Disney Company, Disney Research builds upon a rich legacy of innovation and technology leadership in the entertainment industry that continues to this day. Disney Research was launched in 2008 to drive value across the company through technological innovation. Our research covers a broad range of exciting and challenging applications that are experienced daily by millions of people around the world.
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products, our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our research and are actively engaged with the global research community.