|Title: Android Augmented Reality Intern||Posted: February 11, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Motorola Solutions|
|Location: Schaumburg Illinois|
|Department: Chief Technology Office|
What we do:
How can police officers have better situational awareness and be alerted to potential dangers? How can retail stores be more efficient through better operational information? How can workers easily capture relevant information about the world around them while keeping their hands and eye free to do their work?
The Chief Technology Office at Motorola Solutions is developing solutions to problems such as these for our police, fire, and enterprise customers using emerging technologies. The Multimedia Analytics Team within the CTO focuses on researching, developing and applying visual and audio analytics technology in innovative proof-of-concept prototypes to solve real-world problems and enable new business opportunities. Our Team's expertise includes computer vision, machine learning, video analytics, audio analytics, natural language processing, and mobile applications.
What you will do:
Working with members of the Multimedia Analytics Team, you will contribute to the advancement of a cutting-edge mobile augmented reality Android application prototype leveraging specialized sensors and computer vision algorithms. You will help define and implement an augmented reality user interface to help workers more efficiently execute a key task in their job.
Currently enrolled in a Masters/PhD. degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Exceptional students currently enrolled in the junior or senior year of study towards a bachelor
1) Solid foundation in software development process and tools is required.
2) Proficiency in Java and C++ programming languages is required.
3) Programming experience on Android platforms is required.
4) Experience with the Point Cloud Library, OpenCV, OpenNI and 3D depth sensors is a plus.
5) Experience with user interaction / user interface design is a plus.
6) Experience with augmented reality and computer vision is a plus.
7) Strong teamwork and communication skills, creativity, productivity, and learning agility are required.
Application Instructions: Please go to http://careers.motorolasolutions.com/, click on the "Search Jobs" on the left-hand side, and enter the Job ID number 108980 to view the job description and submit your resume.