|Title: Principal Data Scientist - Computer Vision||Posted: July 27, 2020|
|Company/Institution: HERE Technologies|
|Location: Boulder, CO|
Description: The team:
We are a group of exceptionally talented doers who work passionately to apply cutting-edge technologies crucial for building and maintaining a living, self-healing, High-Definition map for the autonomous world. This will be a new team within our group whose focus will be building the leading-edge technology in a new industry market for automated driving, advanced driver assistance systems, and HD maps. Our customers include some of the top automotive OEM’s as well as many other autonomous startups. We are also working on leveraging our lengthy history in location services to expand into new markets. We believe our work will make the world of mobility simpler, safer, and accessible to all. Come join our team, have fun, and make history.
You will lead a state-of-the-art computer vision and applied machine learning project from the ground up. You’ll have the opportunity to help implement a Robotics AI real-time robotic system that can perceive and learn efficiently and act intelligently in the automotive space, at scale. This will involve developing perception software capabilities through all product lifecycle phases as well as playing an essential role in helping deliver a reliable, profitable, performant, safety-critical system. You will have the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
Who are you?
You are a strong, creative, and highly motivated Computer Vision Engineer with hands-on experience in leading multiple research and engineering initiatives. You can balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, tools, and methodologies. You strive for simplicity and demonstrate significant creativity and sound judgment backed by statistical reasoning and robust machine learning models.
We have big plans for our team, and we are looking for people who can join us and together drive the team to new heights!
To be successful in the role you should have most of the following:
• MSc or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of relevant experience in building production-scale system/algorithm in one of the following domains: computer Vision, deep learning, or machine learning.
• Strong in writing code in Python or C/C++, on a Unix/Linux platform.
• Experience with embedded devices.
• Experience in building distributed systems - have built highly scalable, robust, distributed and fault-tolerant systems based on open source technologies and know how to innovate on top of these systems.
• Experience in design and architecture, including familiarity with object-oriented design patterns.
What We Offer-
• An opportunity to work with outstanding people
• Challenging problems to solve
• Work that makes a difference in the world
• Freedom to decide how to perform your work
• Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
• Collaborative, Encouraging Colleagues
• We welcome the opportunity to offer reasonable accommodations as candidates require
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Application Instructions: Please use the below link to apply -