The Visual Computing team in Bosch Research and Technology Center (Palo Alto, CA office) is seeking an enthusiastic and creative expert with a strong desire to drive technology development in this domain towards viable solutions to growing market needs. Our Visual Computing group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, augmented reality, scientific visualization, and HCI. We focus on solutions to hard challenges in using visual and other modes of communication for natural user interaction. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals. More information may be found at webpage: http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/9667.htm
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead and conduct advanced research and engineering on visual computing technologies and systems, including 3D computer vision, augmented/mixed reality, and vision graphics (e.g., image/video-based 3D modeling and rendering) particularly those related to Bosch business.
- Together with an international team of experts, drive the design and implementation of new and innovative features that improve the user experience of next generation Bosch products such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), smart home and building solutions, internet of things, robotics, and industrial service applications.
- Actively promote ideas from visual computing research to product development to enable future Bosch business.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. (with >2 years of industry experience) Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of 3D computer vision and augmented reality technologies, including 2D/3D object tracking (e.g., PTAM), camera calibration, 3D reconstruction, image/video-based rendering and modeling.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, proficient with scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python) and visual computing related libraries (e.g., OpenCV, OpenGL, ARToolkit).
- 3+ years of development and prototyping experience in large, high-quality software systems, especially real-time computer vision and graphics systems.
- Passion for quality products, software development principles and best practices.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Up to date with the latest findings and trends in computer vision and augmented reality.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and technical writing skills.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in real-time 3D computer vision and augmented reality system or product development.
- Demonstrated success in any leadership role of product development.
- Excellent publication record in leading visual computing venues (e.g., ICCV, CVPR, ISMAR, VR, SIGGRAPH).
- Experience in mobile and web-based platform development.