The LEAR team at INRIA Grenoble is looking for an engineer with a specialization in Computer Vision, to work on large-scale video retrieval and classification.
Duration of the contract: 12 months, renewable
Starting date: ASAP (posted June 3, 2014)
LEAR developed an expertise in large-scale video indexing, as shown by its results in the 2012 and 2013 Trecvid campaigns and recent publications.
This builds on a long-standing experience in image processing.
See the teams website and publications, and these examples\
of automatically aligned videos and automatic action detection.
In collaboration with the LEAR researchers, the engineer will design, implement and optimize algorithms and demonstrators for large-scale video indexing as well as carry out eva\
luations on large-scale real world datasets. The computing platform used to carry out experiments is a 35-node cluster, the engineer will participate in its administration and m\
The position is in the context of the AXES European project (http://www.axes-project.eu/). The software will be integrated in the common platform of this project. The engineer w\
ill participate in meetings with the partners in England, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
Skills and Profile
- Master or engineering degree in computer science or related field, a PhD is a plus
- Solid programming skills in low- and high-level languages; the project involves programming in shell, C, Python and Matlab
- Ability to convert scientific prototypes to working demos
- Solid mathematics knowledge
- Fluent in written and spoken English, French is an asset
- Prior knowledge in the areas of computer vision and machine learning is an asset
- EU citizenship
Grenoble is a lively city which hosts many foreign students and researchers. Located in the heart of the French Alps, its direct surroundings offer great outdoor recreation incl\
uding skiing, cycling, and hiking. Paris can be reached from Grenoble in 3h by train.