|Title: SW Development Engineer - Camera HAL||Posted: June 23, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Amazon Lab126|
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer Camera, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will work closely with the hardware, operations, user-space, and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Low Level Camera Platform team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, you will:
- Implement high-quality drivers and HAL
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers to our needs
- Work closely with internal customers
- Implement camera features
- Optimize for performance
- Provide testing facilities
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware
- Travel internationally and domestically occasionally
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 3+ years experience doing hands-on software development, with experience writing Linux kernel (.drivers or core) code
- Knowledge of one or more specific technical areas such as camera, multimedia, imaging
- Understanding of embedded development constraints
- Data analysis and debugging skills
- Masters degree preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Linux on ARM CPUs a plus
- JTAG experience a plus
- Camera HAL experience a plus
- Shell scripting experience a plus
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet.
Application Instructions: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.