|Title: Computer Vision Engineer||Posted: June 16, 2014|
|Company/Institution: VideoIQ (Avigilon)|
|Location: Billerica, MA, USA|
Description: Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance solutions. The performance and value leader, Avigilon's solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 80 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world's first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and the industry's broadest range of megapixel cameras (1-29 MP) deliver full situational awareness and clear image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, cities, retailers, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and indisputable video evidence.
In 2013, Avigilon was the fastest growing company in Canada on the PROFIT 500. The company was also named Cantech's Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts. The previous year saw Avigilon named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association.
In 2014, Avigilon acquired VideoIQ, a Billerica, MA based company that has developed award winning IP surveillance appliances that include the most advanced, adaptive analytics in the industry. VideoIQ's simple and powerful surveillance solutions allow customers to pro-actively secure their most important assets across commercial, education, industrial, and government markets.
Avigilon's VideoIQ development team is seeking an experienced Senior Research Engineer to join our Video Analytics team.
- Developing algorithms for object detection, recognition, and tracking, image segmentation, big data mining and other computer vision and machine learning applications
Prototyping novel research ideas
- Implementing the algorithms in C/C++ for PC and embedded real-time systems
- Working closely with hardware team to optimize C++ code for specific embedded platforms
- Writing documentation
- Solid software development skills and ability to write production quality code
- Proficiency with C++ and object oriented design
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- Experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Image Processing
- Knowledge of linear algebra, algorithms and data structures
- Ability to read and understand related scientific papers
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of Computer Science (Ph.D. is preferable)
- Familiarity with OpenCV and Python is a plus
Application Instructions: Submit resume to VideoIQ at email@example.com