Who You Are
We are looking for a talented computer vision engineer to be part of our computer vision group. This is a key role in shaping the technical future of SET Media. The successful candidate will have the following:
- M.S or Ph.D. in in Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of academic or industry experience (preferably at a tech company)
- Ability to implement computer vision algorithms using open source libraries and self developed code
- Strong coding skills including C/C++ and Python (expert level on linux os).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Mapreduce/Mahout
- Experience with publishing in relevant scientific communities (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NIPS, ACM Multimedia)
- Experience with video content analysis
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop highly scalable and accurate computer vision systems for classification and related tasks.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for analyzing high volumes of video, audio and text data.
- Ability to develop novel solutions using a combination of technologies based on engineering requirements.
- Collaborate with team members from the level of prototyping to the level of production.
SET works with the best tools, languages, and platforms to solve difficult and exciting problems on a daily basis. A fast paced engineering team focuses on building new products and technology using agile methodology. A highly open, collaborative environment, SET gives its team the ability to excel at both technical and personal goals.
We are a team of smart and dedicated professionals constantly striving to improve our understanding and skills in a variety of technologies. SET performs cutting edge research in computer vision including object and facial recognition software. We have highly interactive weekly lunch & learn sessions on different subjects.
It's not just about work at SET! We provide weekly catered lunches at the office, regular activities like baseball games, bowling, sailing, Xbox matches, and a fully stocked kitchen with snacks, soda, juices, beer, wine, etc.