|Title: Principal Scientist ||Posted: June 23, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Microsoft |
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA|
|Department: Bing Geospatial Team|
Principal Scientist (Machine Learning)
We are looking for an expert in machine learning and large-scale data mining to help with our efforts of creating the next generation of online location services. The ideal candidate comes with a strong scientific background and deep knowledge of machine learning and related fields, such as statistics and large-scale optimization. Additionally, we expect somebody who is an experienced programmer, able to write well-structured and modular code and has experience working on large software development projects. The person possesses strong mathematical skills and is well-versed with the techniques and the algorithms used in machine learning, statistics, optimization and classification. Background in image processing and computer vision is a plus.
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong math background, experience with machine learning algorithms
- Strong programming skills and good knowledge of C# or C++
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong problem solving skills and technical judgment
- Experience with building scalable web services a plus
- Excellent communication and cross group collaboration skills
- Experience with Visual Studio, TFS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Application Instructions: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org