|Title: Research Scientist||Posted: June 23, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR|
|Department: Visual Computing Department|
Description: Multiple research scientist positions are available in Singapore, at the Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R). This project is part of a large multidisciplinary grant involving MIT (Prof. Tomaso Poggio) and multiple universities and research institutions in Singapore (SBIC/CIRC, Duke-NUS Medical School, NUS/NUH, NTU, SINAPSE).
Successful candidates will work closely with a strong, multidisciplinary team at I2R and Prof. Poggio to investigate, model and implement visual recognition and memory algorithms for wearable systems (e.g. Google Glass). International collaborators include Prof. Gabriel Kreiman (Harvard Medical School) and Dr. Demis Hassabis (Google/DeepMind).
Candidates must have a PhD in computer science, psychology, neuroscience or related fields. Strong programming and quantitative skills are highly desired. Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English.
The appointments will be for up to 3 years, with internationally-competitive salaries and benefits.
Other benefits include:
- Funding for international conferences and training courses
- Collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of international scientists
- Opportunities for attachments at MIT and the Center for Brains, Minds and Machines (http://cbmm.mit.edu/)
- Dr. Cheston Tan: http://www.mit.edu/~cheston/CVshort.pdf
- Dr. Vijay Chandrasekhar: http://scholar.google.com.sg/citations?user=KUt4JCAAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- Dr. Lim Joo-Hwee: http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/profile/dr-lim-joo-hwee
- Institute for Infocomm Research: http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/
- Working in Singapore: http://www.contactsingapore.sg/professionals/why_singapore/
Application Instructions: Candidates please send your curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests and three references to Dr. Cheston Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Vijay Chandrasekhar (email@example.com).