As Senior Computational Imaging Researcher,you have expertise and the ability to make novel research contributions in computational photography, optics, image processing, and/or computer vision.
We are developing solutions to push the bounds of the camera in today’s mobile devices. You will be a key part of the team developing solutions for real-world applied problems in mobile photography.
We are a startup, so in addition to doing cutting-edge work you should also expect to get your hands a bit dirty.
We also strongly encourage publishing academic papers and writing patents.
- Collaborate with other members of the research team to solve longer-term research problems critical for the commercialization of our technology.
- Develop new computational photography methods and IP.
- Publish academic papers.
- Assist filing of patents.
- Build compelling demos to show off new technologies.
- Guide engineering team to productize research efforts.
- PhD in computational imaging or related field.
- Track record of relevant publications in top-tier conferences and journals (SIGGRAPH, ICCV, CVPR, etc.) and/or significant industry experience working as a member of a camera/imaging research team.
- GPUs (e.g. CUDA, OpenCL, etc.).
- Mobile development platforms (Android, iOS, etc.).
- General C++ development and code optimization.
- Competitive compensation including Equity.
- Full benefits.
Based in Montreal, Algolux is a funded startup developing state-of-the-art imaging software based on patented intellectual property. We leverage the rising computational power available in today’s mobile devices to overcome the physics of optics. Our computational imaging technology makes for higher-quality images, thinner cameras, as well as simpler and easier to manufacture optics. Our technology applies to every digital camera, including smartphones, tablets, SLRs, security cameras and medical devices.