For our Munich operations, we are seeking a full-time employee interested in pursuing a PhD degree on the job. As part of Metaio's Advanced Technologies Group, you work on cutting-edge research in the field of Computer Vision and/or Augmented Reality focusing on technologies and form factors, which will become important in the future.
Exemplary topics include improving visual camera localization and tracking by taking advantage of auxiliary sensory information (http://youtu.be/gVnIcYEunc0), or using wearables, such as smart watches (http://youtu.be/XyO972dT4TI) and head-worn devices (http://youtu.be/t1HmYNqp8NM), to interact with the environment in Augmented Reality.
More information on our research activities and a list of selected publications can be found at http://www.metaio.com/research.
- Keep up with cutting-edge research and technologies in the fields of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality
- Innovate and invent algorithms and approaches to advance Augmented Reality
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations, prototypes and demos
- Perform experiments and evaluations to quantify your improvements and achievements
- Contribute to Metaio's IP portfolio with patent applications
- Publish and present your work at top-tier international conferences and in journal articles
- Master degree in computer science or equivalent technical degree
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the areas: computer vision, computer graphics, and human computer interaction
- Very good programming skills, mainly in C++
- Intrinsic motivation and enthusiasm to solve problems and to challenge and outperform state-of-the-art
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly scientific writing
- Preferably experience in writing technical papers for conferences or journals
- Very good English language skills
- Strong analytic and strategic abilities
- High motivation and personal engagement
- High flexibility and team spirit
What we offer:
- Potential to pursue a PhD degree on the job in a growing, cutting-edge industry
- Opportunity to shape the future of Augmented Reality
- Engaging and challenging responsibilities with a hand-picked multi-national team
- Competitive salary and benefits
If you are interested in working in an exciting and multi-disciplinary work-environment, are comfortable with a dynamic tech-driven atmosphere and are looking for good future career opportunities - we are looking forward to your application.
Interested? Please send us your complete application, CV and references, to:
For further information, please contact us at tel: +49 (0)89 5480198-0