Knexus Research Corporation, an intelligent systems research company with its offices in National Harbor, Maryland, just south of Washington D.C., is looking for a Senior AI Scientist Programmer to work on machine learning and image and video understanding research. We provide a flexible and casual environment for creative and motivated individuals who thrive on intellectually challenging research and development projects. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits.
We are looking for an individual who has familiarity with image and video understanding techniques and associated machine-learning (AI) concepts, strong programming skills, and is interested in working on cutting-edge AI research. Relevant areas of research include, but are not limited to, object, activity, and plan recognition, and relational learning. The candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to work independently and in teams, and should be able to pick up new research topics and skills quickly.
This position would give you the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and support the research and development of new technologies. You would be a member of a small research and development team, and part of a larger intellectual community through which you will be exposed to ongoing research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on and develop innovative approaches for image and video understanding
- Develop and implement algorithms and evaluate their performance
- Design and conduct empirical studies for implemented algorithms and systems
- Author technical report and publications
- Demonstrated Masters or Ph.D. level research on video and image understanding
- Working with open source and COTS tools and libraries such as OpenCV and MATLAB
- Strong programming background in one or more conventional languages such as Java, C++, and Python
- Development of at least one medium scale research prototype
- Knowledge of or experience with relational and other machine learning techniques for object detection, classification, and tracking
- Prior experience in developing and implementing image and video understanding applications
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices
A Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent with 0-2 years experience, OR a Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with commensurate experience in relevant topics.
Work location: The candidate will be located at our National Harbor Office, MD.
Citizenship: U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
Interview and selection: Applicant should be prepared to discuss and explain their video and image understanding and machine learning research experience, participate in a programming test, and submit any publications they have authored as applicable.
Application: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.