We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for a research engineer position in computer vision. The work will take place in the context of a project recently funded by the European Community, whose main goal is to develop an innovative pipeline for special effects previsualization for the movie industry. The team VORTEX at IRIT, relying on its previous experience in a similar project (Project ROM), is in charge to develop a real-time visual tracking pipeline. The project involves academic and industrial partners in France, Norway and Germany. In this context the applicant will integrate a team of three senior researchers and a postdoc, and he/she will be in charge of the open-source implementation of computer vision algorithms for 3D reconstruction from collections of images and efficient, real-time algorithms for camera tracking. The candidate will also participate, in collaboration with the other partners, in maintaining the code and the different libraries that will be developed for their open-source publication.
Duration: 1 year starting from January 2015.
- Master of Science degree in computer science (or equivalent) ;
- good background in computer vision and image processing. A background in statistics and machine learning is welcome but not required;
- strong programming skills in C/C++ and experience in OpenCV and/or other computer vision libraries;
- good knowledge of development tools such as Git and CMake;
- fluency in written and spoken English;
- creative, open-minded and ability to work within a team and in close collaboration with the other international partners.
- experience in CUDA, multi-threading programming is desirable but not required;
- experience with 3D modeling software, such as Maya or Blender.
Applicants should submit to firstname.lastname@example.org the following application material, preferably in a single PDF document and with "[POPART-EngineerJob]" as subject of the mail:
- A short motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae containing a short description of previous projects / experiences
- List of 3 referees
Applications are now open and are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
This call closes December 1st, 2014.