|Title: Computational Engineering Postdoc - Computer Vision||Posted: November 6, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory|
|Location: Livermore, CA|
Computational Engineering Postdoc - Computer Vision
What would you solve?
At Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, our Engineering Directorate has been developing, building, and applying cutting-edge technology innovations for national security missions for 60 years. We have a staff of over 1500 world-class engineers, scientists, and technicians who are the foundation for most of the work performed at the Laboratory.
We apply innovative, world-class engineering knowledge and state-of-the art technologies for the Lab's core programs in stockpile stewardship, global security, and science and technology. LLNL's Engineering staff is meeting our nation's needs to enhance national security, reduce global threats, and address scientific and engineering challenges of national importance. These challenges require premier facilities and unparalleled technologies on the planet, as well as the creative geniuses to develop and use them. That’s where you come in.
The Computational Engineering Division (CED) has multiple openings for Postdoctoral Research Staff Members to conduct basic and applied research in mathematical and computational algorithms and techniques to design, implement and analyze techniques in computer vision. Specific interests include: image segmentation, object recognition and detection, tracking, video content analysis, and image-based 3D reconstruction.
What will you do?
· Conduct research in computer vision to enable development of new state-of-the-art algorithms for Laboratory problem domains.
· Design, implement, and analyze techniques in computer vision.
· Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences, seminars, and/or technical meetings.
· Pursue independent (but complementary) research interests and interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally.
What we expect:
· Recent PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or Applied Mathematics, or related field.
· Demonstrated advanced programming skills in one or more higher-level programming languages such as C/C++, Java/Scala, or Python.
· Experience applying computer vision algorithms in one or more of the following settings: image segmentation, object recognition and detection, tracking, video content analysis, and/or image-based 3D reconstruction.
· Experience with one or more of the following areas: machine learning, pattern recognition, or data mining.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively perform independent research.
· Demonstrated fundamental verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
· Demonstrated proficiency in developing and writing technical proposals.
· Established publication record.
The key to our success is our people. If you are added to the team, you will collaborate alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry to research and implement advanced techniques that push the frontiers of knowledge and develop further than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged and driven to continually expand the range of your capabilities. Expect to work with multi-disciplinary people who are smart, creative, and incredibly excited about what they do. In other-words, people just like to you.
LLNL offers a challenging environment and a competitive salary/benefits package. Candidates with advanced degrees and interest in a broad spectrum of engineering problems are encouraged to apply on line at https://careers.llnl.gov and search by job #12490. LLNL is operated by the Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC, for the U.S. Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workforce diversity.
U. S. Citizenship Required for Full-Time or Term Employment
Permanent residency does not meet this requirement.
To learn more about some of the exciting projects we work on go to https://engineering.llnl.gov/about
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Application Instructions: Candidates with advanced degrees and interest in a broad spectrum of engineering problems are encouraged to apply on line at https://careers.llnl.gov and search by job #12490.