|Title: Research Scientist||Posted: March 1, 2013|
|Company/Institution: Intelligent Automation, Inc.|
|Location: Rockville, Maryland|
Description: Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, conducts state of the art research and product development in the areas of Distributed Intelligent Systems, Robotics, Signal Processing and Control, Sensor Technology and other areas (visit www.i-a-i.com). IAI is looking for an outstanding researcher with a Doctorate or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a background in computer vision and machine learning. The successful candidate will join a team of vision and robotics scientists and participate in rewarding research to develop algorithms for image and video analysis and to design solutions for vision applications. Related projects at IAI include intelligent video surveillance, robotic vision (navigation and object manipulation), interactive gesture-based user interface, semantic video annotation and querying.
The desired candidate should have a strong publication record in computer vision particularly in the areas of visual tracking, object detection and activity analysis. Experience in aerial video analysis, robotic vision and embedded image processing (FPGA, DSP, or smartphone) is desirable but not required. A solid background in programming is important. The desired candidate will have strong communication, presentation, and writing skills as well as experience working in a multi-disciplinary team. US citizenship or US permanent residency is preferred. IAI is an EEO/AA employer.
• Conduct research and development in the area of computer vision and image processing.
• Design, implement, and integrate computer vision algorithms and prototypes.
• Interact with and support multiple research teams with computer vision and image processing expertise.
• Support program management and business development efforts by writing reports/papers, contributing to proposals, presenting to customers, etc.
• Doctorate or Master’s Degree in EE, CS or related area
• Proficient C++, MATLAB
• 4+ years computer vision
• Solid understanding computer vision and machine learning algorithms
• Some experience visual tracking, object detection and activity analysis.
If interested, please apply at http://iai.speediarms.com
, or send resume and enquiries to: Mun Wai Lee (email@example.com). Thanks.