Proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with WACV 2017 are encouraged. The tutorials will be held during the mornings of the main conference. Main conference registration will include tutorials, and the main conference will manage all logistics. Proposals must be for half-day tutorials.
- Tutorial proposal deadline: January 24, 2017
- Acceptance notification: January 25, 2017
The ideal tutorial should attract a wide audience, and should be broad enough to provide a gentle introduction to the chosen research area, but should also cover the most important contributions in depth. Tutorial proceedings will not be provided in hardcopy, but will instead be made available by the presenters on their website prior to the conference. Tutorial registration will be handled centrally by the main conference.
Proposals should have at most three pages and clearly specify the following:
- Tutorial title and presenters
- Outline of topics to be presented, including estimates for time devoted to each topic.
- Target audience and duration
- Presenter bios and web pages; list of publications in tutorial topics
- Presentation requirements (multimedia, etc.)
- Sample slides (optional)
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF format to the email address below by the due date. Proposals will be evaluated by the tutorial chair and conference organizers, with an eye towards selecting high-quality tutorials on a diverse set of topics that will inform and inspire the community.
Tutorial Chair WACV 2017